Laptop distribution will begin starting on Monday, September 17th.
12th grade will be given priority due to college and scholarship applications. After seniors have had an opportunity to checkout a laptop, the opportunity will be open to all other grades.
We are asking any students that has a personal laptop to not checkout a school laptop. If your child does not have access to a computer or laptop at home and needs a laptop for school work please fill out this form.
Step 1: Parent reads the Technology Training (see below) and completes this form (same as above).
Step 2: Student or parent brings $20 to SEM main office. Mrs. Martinez will provide you with a receipt.
Step 3: Students may pick up their laptop in the morning 8:00am-9:00am from Mr. Florczak in room 230 or Mr. Tompkins in room 231. Show your receipt. Mr. Florczak or Mr. Tompkins will check to see if your parent has completed the form.
*Email Mr. Palacios at ANPALACIOS@dallasisd.org if you are unable to pay $20 fee.
*A paper copy of the Technology Training (see below) and link will be provided in the main office.
– Monday (9/17/18) and Tuesday (9/18/18), 12th grade only
– Wednesday to Friday (9/19/18-9/21/18), all students
Technology Training PDF
SEM Laptop Training
“Charting the Course to Excellence!”
- 30 Student Mentors (12th and 11th grade)
- 175 Student Mentees (9th grade only)
- 1 Student Mentor per 4-6 Student Mentees
- Student Mentors and Student Mentees have been randomly matched to groups
- Student Mentors and Student Mentees have been strategically placed in neighboring lockers to facilitate communication
- Student Mentors will receive agendas/activities/materials ahead of time via our Remind Group.
- The Student Mentor Program will meet 6 times this year. Each group is welcome to meet additional times per their student mentor.
Ms. Martinez at the SEM office has access ID’s and passwords for SEM students to log on to the PowerSchool site. Please stop by the office and she will get your information for you.
Right now the paperwork for transfers has not gone out. We anticipate that there will be packets for parents to fill out soon.
We will provide more information here as soon as we receive updates.
This app will allow us to communicate events quickly – such as school events, volunteer opportunities, inclement weather, notices, emergencies, etc. Please use your student’s graduation year to sign up:
SEM 2019 (current 12th grade)
Text this message @e4aec to this number 81010
SEM 2020 (current 11th grade)
Text this message @sem202 to this number 81010
SEM 2021 (current 10th grade)
Text this message @addkhg to this number 81010
SEM 2022 (current 9th grade)
Text this message @sem-2022 to this number 81010