Stay up to date with Mr. Palacios’ Lab reports and other information:
Grade Level Choice Selection Sheets
- 12th grade Choice Selection Sheet Instructions
- 11th grade Choice Selection Sheet Instructions
- 10th grade Choice Selection Sheet Instructions
SEM Directory & SEM / Townview Google Classroom Access Codes
We appreciate your interest in applying to The School of Science and Engineering Magnet. During these unprecedented times of COVID-19 and national/state/local orders, the school will not administer second round testing, as all of our seats have been filled.
Thank you and be well.
Principal Science and Engineering
- Students should log into their Google Classrooms and check-in by 3:00 pm daily to be counted as “present”. You must log into each of your classes and complete the Google Classroom assignment to be counted as “present”. Attendance will be taken daily.
- Teachers will be available from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM to answer emails, Google Classroom questions, etc… Two grades per week will be given in PowerSchool.
- Repeat daily, until further notice.
- That’s it. It’s simple.
* For now, students should only access their SEM teacher Google Classrooms. Information regarding their elective classes is forthcoming.
Access Codes for Google ClassroomsGoogle-Classroom-Codes-03242020
- Yes, teachers will collect and grade/post 2 grades per week/student/content.
- Yes, student attendance will be documented. It’s important they log into their Google Classroom DAILY and complete the daily task.
- ASP. Mr. Jaramillo will offer virtual office hours for students and families to receive assistance in the next steps of the college process. He will continue to be available for help with financial aid verification, interpreting financial aid letters, and enrollment / housing deposits and waivers. Mr. Jaramillo will continue to share scholarship opportunities, virtual visit opportunities, and other information that comes through from the colleges. We will send out a link in the next few days.
- Please see FAQ for STAAR Cancellation.
- Information About Meal Service During Dallas ISD Closure
Dallas ISD has two platforms to help connect students and parents with their school counselors (Let’s Talk and Request for Counseling Services Link in English & Spanish). We ask that all counselors check their emails and follow-up within 24 hours or less.
Let’s Talk Link: https://www.dallasisd.org/letstalk
This form is for current Dallas Independent School District students, parents/guardians, or staff who would like to request counseling services from a professional school counselor. Once completed, a member of the counseling team associated with the identified school will be in touch with you regarding your concerns.
Este formulario es para los estudiantes actuales del Distrito Escolar Independiente de Dallas, padres/tutores o el personal que desea solicitar servicios de consejería de un consejero escolar profesional. Una vez completado, un miembro del equipo de consejería asociado con la escuela identificada se pondrá en contacto con usted con respecto a sus preocupaciones.
ALL SEM clubs and Student Council will campaign for 2020-2021 leadership positions from Monday, March 9th to Friday, March 27th.
Election days are Monday, March 30th and Tuesday, March 31st.
Parents — if your child wins an elections, we will have a parent meeting to discuss PARENT expectations for 2020-2021. Date TBA. Those expectations include:
- at least 5 hours of parent community service to Science and Engineering or
- parent volunteering for two campus events with your child for 2020-2021.
SEM will be screening Angst on February 19th, from 6:30-8:00. There will be screenings in English and Spanish.
Angst is an IndieFlix Original documentary designed to raise awareness around anxiety. It is a 56-minute film and virtual reality experience that explores anxiety, its causes, effects and what we can do about it. The filmmakers’ goal is to have a global conversation and raise awareness around anxiety. The film includes interviews with kids, teens, educators, experts, parents and a very special interview with Michael Phelps.
See angstmovie.com for more info.
Interested in a Summer Job? Check out Dallas Works – Summer Job Program, formerly the Mayor’s Intern Program.
- Voting had begun for Option 1. (Rank) vs. Option 2. (No Rank of School, only top 10%)
Dallas ISD Rank in Class Regulation Parent Survey
What Does This Mean for You?
Parents, now it’s up to you to vote and decide between
- Option 1: All students will be ranked.
- Option 2: Only the top ten percent of a class will be ranked.
Please complete the survey by January 31.
Can I vote online or do I need to go to school to vote?
You do not need to come to school to vote. You may vote using the link below.
How long will this survey take?
The survey will take about 5-10 minutes to complete.
How do I take the survey?
The link below will take you to the survey. –> –> CLICK HERE TO VOTE (same link as above) <– <–
What do I need to know before taking the survey?
Your survey responses will be kept confidential and campus administrators at the School of Science and Engineering will only receive summary data. Your participation in this survey will not affect your student’s standing at his or her campus.
What if the link isn’t working?
English survey (PDF version attached below):
Regulación de Clasificación de Dallas ISD Encuesta de Padres
¿Lo que significa esto para usted?
Padres, ahora depende de ustedes votar y decidir entre
- Opción 1: Todos los estudiantes en una clase serán clasificados (rango escolar)
- Opción 2: Sólo se clasificará el diez por ciento sobresaliente de la clase (no rango escolar).
Complete la encuesta antes del 31 de enero.
¿Puedo votar en línea o necesito ir a la escuela para votar?
No necesita venir a la escuela para votar. Puedes votar usando el siguiente enlace.
¿Cuánto tiempo me tomará llenar la encuesta?
Llenar la encuesta lleva entre 5 y 10 minutos.
¿Cómo lleno la encuesta?
El enlace que esta abajo lo llevará a la encuesta. –> –> HAGA CLIC AQUÍ PARA VOTAR (mismo enlace que el anterior) <– <–
¿Qué necesito saber antes de llenar la encuesta?
Sus respuestas a la encuesta se mantendrán confidenciales y los administradores de la escuela solamente recibirán resúmenes de la información de las respuestas agregadas de todos los padres, no respuestas individuales. Su participación en esta encuesta no afectará la situación de su hijo(a) en su escuela.
¿Qué pasa si el enlace no funciona?
Encuesta en español (versión PDF adjunta a continuación):