For over 100 years, Carnegie Mellon has offered students unique and hands-on educational programs from the fine arts to technology and everything in between. Through the Carnegie Mellon Pre-College Program, rising juniors and seniors in high school have the opportunity to experience this world-class education.
Mirroring the undergraduate experience, our Pre-College program gives students the opportunity to explore their interests while receiving instruction from acclaimed Carnegie Mellon faculty and staff. Students will also participate in a robust outside of the classroom experience.
Our summer Pre-College program options include the following:
- Summer Session, students take two full-length Carnegie Mellon courses in a variety of disciplines, ranging from Computer Science, History to Music Technology.
- Summer Academy for Math and Science, provides students from underrepresented communities the opportunity to achieve skills to pursue and complete majors in STEM fields.
- National High School Game Academy, for students who want to learn about modern video game development through a unique blend of left- and right-brain college-level work.
- Computational Biology, a three-week program for students looking to learn more about the intersection of the two disciplines.
- Unique programs in the Fine Arts – Architecture, Art, Design, Drama or Music – in which the students experience developing their skills in a conservatory or studio setting.
- Writing & Culture is our new program this year. Guided by the mentorship and instruction of our highly distinguished, permanent faculty members, students will improve their ability to analyze complex, ever-changing problems through astute investigations of culture and society.
Students may apply for the program here. Feel free to share this email with any student you think might be interested in applying!
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Assistant Director, Enrollment Management
Carnegie Mellon Pre-College Programs
Carnegie Mellon University | 4700 Fifth Ave. | Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412.268.5914 | firstname.lastname@example.org