THURSDAY, MARCH 14, 2019 FROM 10AM – 1PM
SAMMONS PARK – 2403 Flora Street, Dallas, TX 75201
In partnership with talkSTEM, AT&T Performing Arts Center invites you to join us for the third annual Pi Day Math Festival featuring walkSTEM.
The festival will showcase the many ways in which math impacts our world – in art, nature, science and more. Enjoy fun math-related activities from a variety of exhibitors.
Participating organizations include:
· Dallas Zoo
· Southern Methodist University
· Dallas Museum of Art
· Microsoft Shop at NorthPark Center
· Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas
· Museum of Geometric and MADI Art
· Dallas Innovation Alliance
· Bold Idea
· Love Field Airport
· Texas Legends
· Dallas ISD Environmental Education Center
· Dallas County Community College District
· Dallas Opera
· UT Arlington (Math Dept and Architecture & Urban Planning Dept)
· Dallas Public Library
· Dallas Arboretum
· City Lab High School (Dallas ISD)
· Perot Museum of Nature and Science
· UT Southwestern Medical Center
· Dallas Jazz Piano Society
NEW THIS YEAR!
STEM in the Dallas Arts District: A Special Pi Day Panel Discussion
Moderated by Sam Baker, KERA’s Senior Editor and Morning Edition Host
10:30 – 11:15 a.m.
STEM is everywhere! Learn how science, technology, engineering and math play a part in bringing the arts to life in the Dallas Arts District during this family-friendly conversation. Representatives from the Perot Museum of Nature & Science, the Dallas Museum of Art, the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, the Nasher Sculpture Center and the Dallas Opera will discuss how they use STEM in their careers every day.
The Pi Day Math Festival is open to families, teachers and interested grown-ups. No unaccompanied minors permitted.