Stay up to date with Mr. Palacios’ Lab reports and other information:
Grade Level Choice Selection Sheets
- 12th grade Choice Selection Sheet Instructions
- 11th grade Choice Selection Sheet Instructions
- 10th grade Choice Selection Sheet Instructions
SEM Directory & SEM / Townview Google Classroom Access Codes
Thank you and congrats to our award winners!
Alexandra D. Madrigales
Congratulations to the Class of 2020! What an incredible accomplishment! We are so very proud of you! This week, we distributed yard signs for our outstanding Seniors. A heartfelt thank you to Ms. Amy Hickox, who has organized this event for weeks. Also, a huge thank you to Mr. Palacios and a team of amazing SEM PTA board members, who went the extra mile to deliver the yard signs and candy to our awesome Seniors. Without your help and support, this would not have been possible. Thank you!!!
“Take pride in how far you’ve come. Have faith in how far you can go. But don’t forget to enjoy the journey.” — Michael Josephson
Again, congratulations Class of 2020!
We appreciate your interest in applying to The School of Science and Engineering Magnet. During these unprecedented times of COVID-19 and national/state/local orders, the school will not administer second round testing, as all of our seats have been filled.
Thank you and be well.
Principal Science and Engineering
- Students should log into their Google Classrooms and check-in by 3:00 pm daily to be counted as “present”. You must log into each of your classes and complete the Google Classroom assignment to be counted as “present”. Attendance will be taken daily.
- Teachers will be available from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM to answer emails, Google Classroom questions, etc… Two grades per week will be given in PowerSchool.
- Repeat daily, until further notice.
- That’s it. It’s simple.
* For now, students should only access their SEM teacher Google Classrooms. Information regarding their elective classes is forthcoming.
Access Codes for Google ClassroomsGoogle-Classroom-Codes-03242020
- Yes, teachers will collect and grade/post 2 grades per week/student/content.
- Yes, student attendance will be documented. It’s important they log into their Google Classroom DAILY and complete the daily task.
- ASP. Mr. Jaramillo will offer virtual office hours for students and families to receive assistance in the next steps of the college process. He will continue to be available for help with financial aid verification, interpreting financial aid letters, and enrollment / housing deposits and waivers. Mr. Jaramillo will continue to share scholarship opportunities, virtual visit opportunities, and other information that comes through from the colleges. We will send out a link in the next few days.
- Please see FAQ for STAAR Cancellation.
- Information About Meal Service During Dallas ISD Closure
Dallas ISD has two platforms to help connect students and parents with their school counselors (Let’s Talk and Request for Counseling Services Link in English & Spanish). We ask that all counselors check their emails and follow-up within 24 hours or less.
Let’s Talk Link: https://www.dallasisd.org/letstalk
This form is for current Dallas Independent School District students, parents/guardians, or staff who would like to request counseling services from a professional school counselor. Once completed, a member of the counseling team associated with the identified school will be in touch with you regarding your concerns.
Este formulario es para los estudiantes actuales del Distrito Escolar Independiente de Dallas, padres/tutores o el personal que desea solicitar servicios de consejería de un consejero escolar profesional. Una vez completado, un miembro del equipo de consejería asociado con la escuela identificada se pondrá en contacto con usted con respecto a sus preocupaciones.
[From: Ms. Kossie, firstname.lastname@example.org]
Good afternoon –
While Dallas ISD is closed due to the outbreak of COVID-19, Food & Child Nutrition Services is supplying meals to our families. Beginning Monday, March 23, we need volunteers to help Food Services distribute meals to families at our high schools and middle schools. Volunteers are needed Mondays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. to carry meals from the main entrance of schools to families waiting in their vehicles.
Partnership and Volunteer Services needs your help to recruit 5 volunteers per secondary campus. We are looking for cleared volunteers who have passed a background check, had an orientation and can attest that they are clear of coronavirus symptoms.
Partnership and Volunteer Services has created an opportunity for this project on your campus voly site. Please follow up by contacting your registered volunteers to ask them to respond to the opportunity to help with the food distribution. As volunteers sign-up, the PVS team will provide them with any additional information and share their names with campus administrators. They should report to the main office upon arrival on campus.
Should you need any additional information or assistance, do not hesitate to contact me.
As always, your support and cooperation are vital to the success of Dallas ISD. Thank you, and please stay well during this stressful time.